The Ranthambore national park has its own charm. Being a dry forest, comparatively it is much easier to spot tiger in the Ranthambore. Interestingly, not only in the Jungle but also in near by area, it is fairly common to see the big cat. The Mount Valley Resort, is located just in front of Jungle and in fact many guests has frequently seen Leopards and tigers from Resort itself during day, late evening and mostly in night.
The Ranthambhore National Park can be visited by either 20 seater Canter or 6 seater Gypsy and the Safari is for three and half hours. The park is divided in 10 zones so its always advisable to stay in centre so that any of the zone is not very far and one does not spend much time just travelling to the park. The Mount Valley resort is one of the very few resorts , which is located such strategically.
The Safari timing keep on changing based on season, hence it is advisable to contact hotel for the exact timing or visit the official website. Below is the Safari schedule:
– In October: The park is open for Moring Safari from 7AM to 10:30 Am and Evening Safari between 2:30 to 6 PM
– From November to January: Morning Safari timing from 7 AM to 10:30 AM and Evening Safari timing 2 PM to 5:30 PM
– From February to March , the tiger safari can be done in Morning from 6.30 AM to 10 AM and evening from 2.30 PM to 6 PM.
– From 1st April to 15th May, the jungle opens for Morning Safari from 6 AM to 9.30 AM and for Evening Safari from 3 PM to 6.30 PM.
– From 15th May to 30th June, the National park can be visited between 6 AM to 9.30 AM and in evening between 3.30 PM 7 PM.
Beside the adventurous Jungle Safari, you can also visit the Ranthambore Fort and famous Trinetra Ganesha temple. The Ganesha temple is on the top of the Ranthambhore fort. The Trinetra Ganesha is also considered as Pratham Ganesha. The fort is world heritage site and the Temple is one of the kind in the world as it has entire Ganesha family. It is situated amidst the forest.
The Ranthambore is home for around 310 species of Trees, 320 Species of Birds, 40 kinds of species of mammals. Its is ideal home for Leopards, Tigers, Hyenas, Sloth Bears, Crocodiles, Black bucks, Indian foxes, Rabits and many more…